Saturday 3 February 2007

Signs of the Times

On one of my first days in Fresno I saw a large sign that read "Free Dirt" posted on a house fence. That was just the start of the strange signs for even stranger products that I encountered during my visit.


This one baffled me until I discovered that this is reverse advertising. They're actually offering low price smog minimisation, not the smog itself.


This next one I like a lot. In Fresno, you can just pop out for a Mexican dinner and a sword.


Essence of California. Aging hippy distributing free hugs to passers by. I secretly wanted one but was too Australian and uptight.


Ensenada. Self-explanatory.


San Francisco. Before you look at the close up of the sign below, please note that there is plainly not a bench anywhere in this first picture.


I try to understand, but my head hurts.


No comments: