Thursday 8 February 2007

There's no place like home ...

I have decided that blogging is entirely too convenient and too much fun to stop doing it just because I no longer have anything interesting to say. So I intend to maintain my little online journal for the edification of friends and family, near and far.

My first night back in Sydney was delightful, partly because I was faintly euphoric with exhaustion. Several dear and much missed friends dropped by and I spent several hours babbling away about my new friends on the other side of the world. By the way, don't ever do that. Telling the old friends that you're happy to see about the new friends that you're sorry to leave just messes with your head. Even the cats seemed pleased to see me, at least they did once Skid stopped hiding behind my suitcase.

I walked into my bedroom and felt a sudden warm swell of satisfaction. Finally, I would sleep again in my own bed, in my own room, in my own little house. The pleasure was short lived. I woke at 6 am the following morning with a start, totally disoriented. There's no place like home.

No comments: