Sunday 7 January 2007

Great Ocean Road (California)

In a shameless attempt to piggyback on the international fame of Australia’s incomparable Great Ocean Road, California has given its pretty-impressive-but-not-quite-as-good ocean road the same name.


But the Californian Great Ocean Road offers more than just natural beauty, it comes with its own love story. I took the photograph above while clinging to the side of this cliff from a plant stalk clenched between my teeth.


Not keen to spend too much time hanging around admiring things, I took two photographs in fairly quick succession and clambered back to safety. It was only later when I got the images onto my computer and took a closer look that I realised I had captured the blossoming of a romance in those two quick snaps.

Let’s take a closer look at one part of that first image.


There they are, together on the beach. Are they just strolling? Fishing in comradely silence? Gazing together at the horizon? Whatever it was, one thing plainly led to another because moments later these two had found love among the waves.


Touching, isn’t it? Romance blossoms on the Californian coast at the most unexpected moments.

No comments: