Friday 19 January 2007

Record Low Temperatures!

Those of you who know me well, will know that I don't do cold. I would be perfectly happy to hibernate from early Autumn (Fall) to late Spring. Actually, I think I'm part reptile. I need to lie on a rock in the sun for an hour every morning just to get my heart started.

So you can imagine how impressed I am at having the opportunity to enjoy an extra winter. To rub salt into the wounds (and the highways) California has laid on a record cold snap in my honour. The allegedly mild valley climate has given way to positively arctic nights and ice on the streets that never melts. I took the photographs below during my daily walks around Fresno. I never leave the house before noon, so what you see here is the least freezing part of the day. This is as warm as it gets folks.

Brrr!





No comments: