Tuesday 30 October 2007

Dirty Olive Party

On the eve of my departure for massive road trip number two we had a party at the Dirty Olive. I choose to believe that people celebrate when I'm leaving because they like me and not because they're glad to see me go.



As ever, the highlight of the Dirty Olive was the entertainment.


AC Myles and his band were in fine form.


He did all the usual tricks.


Plus this one, which I hadn't seen before.


Here are two of my favourite people: Gary and Marsha Williams. Dad and Mom to Marcus. Actually, Dad is now known as the DFS, meaning Dad Full Stop. This is distinct from the DB, meaning the Daddy Boss, who is my Dad.


Three more of my favourite Fresnans: Gustavo, Manoella and Clara. You can't quite see Clara in this photo. She's still inside the baby bump just out of shot.


For some reason in this photo I look like a cardboard cutout of myself that Marcus is carrying across the room. I swear I was really there. I wouldn't have missed my own party.

Thank you everyone for coming. I just hope you'll be as eager to welcome me back as you were to see me off.

3 comments:

Marcus Williams said...

Not pictured: Lukas, Rossen, Ramin, Chris, Fam, Campos, Beau, Tim, Marissa, Larry, Dan, Chris, Crazy Drunken Birthday Girl, and Cardboard Heather. Thanks for coming to the party!

Unknown said...

I'm guessing the news of your engagement will break Cardboard John Waynes heart. I heard he thought you two just looked so right together :))

chris condron said...

sorry i couldnt make the party!...as ever your aussie circles of freinds wish you a safe trip.let it be a meandering journey with lots of storys to share...new friends to add and when your in the south have a wiskey for me, listen to the creole blues and have a bite of some clam chowder for me. lots of love xc