Tuesday 30 October 2007

Road Trip 2 - Blast Off

Road Trip 2 will be the last of my grand adventures in the USA. It is the southern leg of my journey of discovery. The Cream Puff and I will cross the continent from west to east, via Las Vegas and Nashville, among other interesting destinations.

We'll go as far north as Washington DC to explore the nation's capital. Then we'll head south down the east coast, through the "south" that I have always dreamed of visiting, like Savannah and Charleston. We'll make our way right to the bottom, to Florida. Then I'll briefly abandon the Cream Puff to cruise the Bahamas, and hop a flight to Panama.

Finally I'll rejoin the Cream Puff and meander back towards California across the south. I should be back in time for my first Thanksgiving. If I survive all that it will be reason enough to give thanks.


To keep me company along the way I will have my Road Trip Mascot. Meet Roadkill. I initially considered disfiguring him and mounting him as a hood ornament on the Cream Puff as a warning to others. On reflection I decided that it would be better to invoke the gentle deer spirits by carrying him tenderly with me as an honoured guest.

No comments: