Thursday 9 August 2007

Bend, Oregon - Wildlife

The National Geographic guide book promised me wildlife. I followed its instructions and visited Osprey Point and Crane Prairie Reservoir.


I grabbed my camera bag, hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water and followed the trail through the forest. Then I followed the trail through the slushy grassland, beating my way past a million mosquitoes.


The book suggested that I might see ospreys, geese, ducks, river otters, great blue herons, and sandhill cranes. I saw exactly none of those interesting creatures.



The one glimpse of wildlife I did get was actually this little chipmunk in the car park. He was a cutie though.

1 comment:

rswb said...

I saw a squirrel the other day and everyone thought I was insane for being so excited about it. I like these tiny, furry, leaping things (do squirrels leap? They definitely bound, I think, and I have no idea about chipmunks but in my mind they definitely frolic as much as the next ... small, furry, frolicsome thing).