Thursday 9 August 2007

Thank you Marc and Lisa

My stay in Bend was made all the more delightful by my charming hosts Marc and Lisa. Some of you may remember that we met and became friends on a cruise early this year (see post in Feb). When they heard I was passing through Bend, Oregon they immediately offered up the use of their spare room and the pleasure of their company.

They're just as adorable as I remembered and I sincerely thank them both for being such great pals and for helping me on my journey. I'm now trying to convince them to visit Australia so I can return the favour.

Marc, who was always solicitous of everyone's welfare, urged me to take a parting gift.

I accepted this offer in the generous spirit in which it was given. I have been trying ever since to think of a place to put it where I won't accidentally mace myself when I'm rummaging for my sunglasses.

Thanks for everything. Come and visit soon, and I'll let you know about that reunion cruise.

No comments: