Saturday 18 August 2007

Grand Tetons - Antelope Flats

The Grand Teton's park information suggested that I drive along Antelope Flats Road because "wildlife such as pronghorn, deer, moose and bison may be sighted along the way."


Based on past experience I simultaneously assumed that I would see nothing of interest and slowed down in case of unforeseen Bambi. I prepared myself psychologically to be content with my admiration of the Snake River and the chasm it has carved into the plain.


With such carefully cultivated low expectations I was elated when Puff Lite and I crawled at Bambi readiness speed past a herd of grazing bison.


I am profoundly glad that I hit Bambi and not one of these guys. This one stood right next to Puff Lite and I'm inclined to think the bison would come out on top in a fight.

No comments: