Saturday 11 August 2007

Ruby Beach, Washington

Continuing up the west coast of the Olympic Peninsula through Olympic National Park I paused to visit Ruby Beach. Littered with driftwood and impressive sea stacks the beach is really a must-see if you're passing through.



The best bit was the way the residue of the waves steamed up off the hot, dark sand. I disappeared into this thick cloud as I took a leisurely walk along the beach.


North again from Ruby Beach, and still looking for an auto doctor for the cream puff, I entered Hoh Rainforest, whereupon it immediately began to rain. It was very pretty, of course, but the thick layer of dust on the cream puff was rapidly turning to mud and I was keen to return to civilisation which, in this case, came in the form of Forks, Washington.

No comments: