Saturday 18 August 2007

Teton Village - Hostel X

My accommodation in Jackson's Hole was the enigmatically named Hostel X in Teton Village. The village is a cozy little ski resort and the hostel was pretty swish by hostel standards. I had my own room and my own bathroom. Admittedly, I was on the fourth floor (no elevator) and the walls were quite thin (the power snorer in the next room kept me up half the night), but the people were great and that is the only proper measure of a good hostel.



I am also grateful to Hostel X for giving me the photograph below. Americans love their euphemisms. I have not encountered a toilet at any point in my journey across this country. I have had to make do with the sanitised nomenclature of the restroom. I'm getting used to the unfamiliar terminology, but this one is blue ribbon linguistic whitewash. "Bath tissue?" Wouldn't the paper get rather soggy in the tub?


As I drove out in the morning I passed this hot air balloon warming up to take to the skies. It's a proper Wyoming balloon. Notice the mountains on the side? On the other side there is a picture of a moose. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera out at that point and the balloon refused to drift around for my photographic convenience.


No comments: