Thursday 16 August 2007

Puff Lite

I hired a compact car for the two weeks the cream puff will be off the road. It is a white 2007 VW Jetta which I immediately named "Puff Lite."

Based on my recent survey of hire cars (Ireland and Missoula) I have concluded that all hire cars are made by volkswagen and 50% are very easy to stall in first gear (not the Jetta, the one in Ireland).


I loaded Puff Lite up with all the junk in the Cream Puff and aimed south for Grand Teton National Park. I may have lost a few days in Missoula to mourn Bambi and the incompetence of the insurance industry, but Puff Lite and I are now on a mission to make up for lost time.
Puff Lite is, as the name suggests, quite a bit smaller than the Cream Puff. It also gives far better gas mileage and is probably easier to reverse down long stretches of unsealed road. All in all, I think the two of us are going to get along just fine.

No comments: